Hi friend! My name is Jessica, I am a family and portrait photographer based in Washington Dc. I am a Christian, wife, and identical twin. I love lilacs, candles, rainy days and honesty. I love finding joy in simple things.
As I look back on the past year, I feel so very grateful. It was a hard year in many ways but goodness, I grew a lot. Being shut down for several months really showed me how much I love photographing and even more than that…how much I adore being around people, making new friends and connecting. As we head into a new year, I wanted to give my fellow photographers some ways that helped me grow this past year amidst it all.
2. Write down you plan. Two years ago Daniel bought me a new planner from the Business Boutique and it really changed my business. Writing something down is powerful in actually making it happen and I saw huge strides in personal and business goals.
3. Ask for Reviews -This is so helpful in boosting your SEO for you website, reviews build trust for potential clients. If your past clients were happy with their experience, they will be more than delighted to give you a review.
4. Look at any recurring expense that can be deleted. This past year I signed up for Audible and honestly really loved it but didn’t find the price worth it. I canceled my subscription and utilized my local library instead for free. I also signed up for the plus Dropbox along the way and saw it was a recurring expense in Quickbooks. I immediately changed it to the free option because I use Dropbox much less now that my current camera has wifi built into it.
5. Clear your computer. Delete all old photos from your hard drive. Make sure you back up everything online and on an external hard drive. It feels good going into a new year with a clean computer. Your computer will run so much faster too!
6. Make a list of books to read. Be sure to choose a variety: fiction, self betterment, or business. Mixing them up a bit keeps you inspired and fresh. Utilize your local library and eBay for the cheapest options.
7. Host a giveaway. If you stay mindful to your business, a giveaway can be very effective. It can drive traffic to your website, it’s a fun way to say thank you to past clients, and you can tailor it to fit your brand style to give you fresh brand images for your website and social media.
Subscribe to the newsletter and stay up to date on the latest here at Jessica Burdge Photography.
©2020 Jessica burdge photography | site design by mesmerizing designs | powered by showit5
©2020 Jessica burdge photography
site design by mesmerizing designs
powered by showit5