- City Center -the streets have lights strung above the sidewalk and in the center is a large Christmas tree that is lovely for a backdrop
- Monroe Street -right on Catholic University’s campus and next to Starbucks, they always have a lovely tree decorated. There is street parking which is always handy in DC and you can get a hot chocolate after if the kiddos need coaxing to smile.
- Bartholdi Fountain -this is a hidden spot in DC. The fountain is typically turned off during the winter months but they have a few lovely spots decorated for the holidays.
- Library of Congress -inside they have an enormous tree decorated with books from well-known authors as well as wreaths and garlands outside. As you probably already know, it’s one of my favorite DC locations for family photos.
- Botanical Gardens -they always have a train display for Christmas as well at the entire garden decorated. It’s a lovely spot to enjoy the holidays! It does get very full so arrive a few minutes before they open and it won’t be as bad.
- Your Home -you can make photos so much fun with this! Set up a spot with the tree behind you and be sure to be facing a window for good lighting. Start with family portraits there and then end up making cookies or sip hot cocoa while reading your favorite holiday books with your kiddos. Everyone will be sure to have a good time.
Honestly the whole city is gorgeous during this season be these are just a few of my favorite spots to enjoy the lights and feel of Christmas.
“Silver bells, sliver bells, it’s Christmas time in the city”